Welcome to one of the best places on the planet to play Pokemon Go! We've got a weirdly huge amount of stops, gyms, and spawns here (especially downtown and Gallup Park), along with a friendly community. Check out the map for real-time raids and spawns, and the Discord to chat, find friends, and coordinate raids.
Here are the nests for the current migration (which began Jan 06). The nests change every two weeks on Wednesday evening, and will automatically update here with the latest crowdsourced and scanner data.
Check out the list of all nests for spawnpoint maps!
- Aron - Leslie Park Golf Course (402/day), Baxter Park (54/day), Wheeler Park (36/day)
- Bulbasaur - Argo Nature Area (282/day), Broadway Park (78/day), Bach Elementary Playground (42/day)
- Buneary - Matthaei Botanical Gardens (2616/day), UM Medical Center Park (108/day), Ruthven Nature Area (78/day)
- Charmander - Furstenburg Park (564/day), Huron Hills Golf Course (546/day), Waymarket Park (42/day), Northwest Diag (18/day)
- Chinchou - Leslie Park (294/day)
- Clefairy - Meadowbrook Park in Ann Arbor, MI (42/day)
- Drilbur - Southeast Area Park (324/day), Leslie Science Center (306/day), Riverside Park in Ypsilanti (180/day), Harris Park in Ypsilanti (144/day), Hollywood Park (42/day)
- Eevee - Pittsfield Marsh View (570/day), Olson Park (390/day), North Bay Park in Ypsilanti (234/day), Sylvan Park (54/day), UM Diag (36/day), Bromley Park (30/day)
- Machop - Hudson Mills Metropark in Dexter (6396/day), Greenview Park (426/day), Wiard's Orchard in Ypsilanti (288/day), Gallup Park Centennial Playground (18/day), Prospect Park in Ypsilanti
- Makuhita - Garden Homes Park (120/day)
- Misdreavus - Lillie Park Main (558/day), Buhr Park (276/day)
- Mudkip - Ford Lake Park in Ypsilanti (390/day), Lillie Park SW (210/day)
- Pikachu - Bandemer Park (480/day), Dolph Nature Area (420/day), Community Center Park in Ypsilanti (138/day), Recreation Park in Ypsilanti (96/day), Ingalls Mall (60/day)
- Piplup - Lillie Park Scrub (138/day)
- Poliwag - Veteran's Park (414/day)
- Poochyena - Loon Feather Point Park in Ypsilanti (138/day), Hunt Park (120/day)
- Skarmory - Fuller Park (312/day), Ward Park (72/day)
- Spheal - Eagle Crest Golf Course in Ypsilanti (786/day), West Park (282/day), Felch Park (12/day), Frog Island Park
- Squirtle - Nichols Arboretum (1410/day), County Farms Park (1338/day), Mary Beth Doyle Park (438/day), Mitchell Field (222/day), Allmendinger Park (42/day)
- Stantler - Saginaw Forest (552/day), UM North Campus Bell Tower (66/day), North Quad Park (6/day)
- Swinub - Cedar Bend Nature Area (264/day), Pittsfield Preserve Hickory Trail in Pittsfield (252/day), Plymouth Parkway Park (78/day)
- Tentacool - Bader Park (78/day), Fritz Park (60/day), Creal Park (30/day), Bethlehem UCC Playground (12/day)
- Torchic - Pittsfield Preserve (1158/day), Gallup Park (1026/day), Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti (618/day), EMU University Park in Ypsilanti (174/day), Wurster Park (90/day), Sugarbush Park (36/day)
- Treecko - Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti (1344/day), Riverside Park (90/day)
Some spots of town have huge concentrations of stops and gyms, others are deserts. Downtown and the central campus area is the motherlode. There are also large clusters in North Campus south and east of The Grove (~40), Gallup Park (~40), Forest Hill Cemetery (~27), Highland Cemetary in Ypsilanti, and Matthei Botanical Gardens.
Need to grab a bite to eat? Here's a list of restaurants/bars/cafes near clusters of pokestops and gyms.
Need a concentrated item grinding map to get almost 1,000 items per hour? Check out this circuit!
We're lucky enough to have many EX-eligible gyms scattered around town, which reliably trigger several raids per week. Doing any raid (even a level 1) at one of them during a given week can lead to an invite the next week. Here is a map of all of the eligible gyms, and I also have an EX raid forecast of the best gyms to target this week, along with information about the current raid status at them.
Got an invite? Head on over to the Discord to coordinate with your fellow raiders!
Some areas of town are much better than others for hunting. Downtown, especially along Liberty from Ashley to State, has the best concentration of spawns and stops. Gallup is a favorite hunting spot for nature lovers. If you're looking to find a ton of grinding material (updated October 2019, with new spawnpoints), the biggest concentrations of general Pokemon are downtown, campuses (UM central and north, Concordia), suburban parking lots (Westgate, Maple Village, Woodland Plaza, Oak Valley / Meijer, Arborland, Domino's Farms), and parks (Bethlehem Cemetery, West Park, Greenview, County Farms, Lillie, Gallup, Botanical Gardens, Olson, and Leslie).
We have a number of biomes available.
Here are the best quests to look for now (see the map for reports):
- Battle in 1 Raids: Litwick encounter
- Land 3 throw(s): Lileep encounter
- Land 5 throw(s): Spinda encounter
- Battle in 5 Raids: Aerodactyl encounter
- Catch 1 pokémon: 2 Golden Razz Berry
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: 10 Mega Energy
Drop me a line if you have any tips to add, or questions for me to look into!