Welcome to one of the best places on the planet to play Pokemon Go! We've got a weirdly huge amount of stops, gyms, and spawns here (especially downtown and Gallup Park), along with a friendly community. Check out the map for real-time raids and spawns, and the Discord to chat, find friends, and coordinate raids.
Here are the nests for the current migration (which began Mar 31). The nests change every two weeks on Wednesday evening, and will automatically update here with the latest crowdsourced and scanner data.
Check out the list of all nests for spawnpoint maps!
- Abra - Buhr Park (276/day)
- Bidoof - Saginaw Forest (552/day), Loon Feather Point Park in Ypsilanti (138/day), Woolley Park (96/day)
- Buneary - South Maple Park (90/day), Broadway Park (78/day), Bromley Park (30/day)
- Chikorita - Pittsfield Preserve (1158/day), Cedar Bend Nature Area (264/day)
- Chimchar - Matthaei Botanical Gardens (2616/day)
- Croagunk - Prospect Park in Ypsilanti
- Cubone - Hudson Mills Metropark in Dexter (6396/day), Lillie Park Scrub (138/day), Martha Cook Garden (24/day)
- Cyndaquil - Island Park (30/day), Gallup Park Centennial Playground (18/day)
- Drilbur - Community Center Park in Ypsilanti (138/day), Maryfield Wildwood Park (60/day), Elbel Field (18/day)
- Drowzee - Mary Beth Doyle Disc Golf Course (72/day)
- Ducklett - Bethlehem UCC Playground (12/day)
- Eevee - Fuller Park (312/day), Hunt Park (120/day)
- Gastly - UM Golf Course (582/day), Leslie Park Golf Course (402/day), North Bay Park in Ypsilanti (234/day), Cranbrook Park (138/day), Recreation Park in Ypsilanti (96/day), Wurster Park (90/day)
- Glameow - Veteran's Park (414/day), Fritz Park (60/day), Wheeler Park (36/day), Felch Park (12/day)
- Jigglypuff - Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti (618/day), West Park (282/day), Pittsfield Preserve Hickory Trail in Pittsfield (252/day), Mitchell Field (222/day), Northwest Diag (18/day)
- Joltik - Pittsfield Marsh View (570/day), Leslie Science Center (306/day), UM Diag (36/day)
- Lotad - Wiard's Orchard in Ypsilanti (288/day)
- Nidoranâ™€ - Eagle Crest Golf Course in Ypsilanti (786/day)
- Nidoranâ™‚ - Lillie Park Main (558/day)
- Patrat - Mary Beth Doyle Park (438/day), Dolph Nature Area (420/day), Riverside Park in Ypsilanti (180/day), Swift Run Dog Park (42/day)
- Phanpy - Creal Park (30/day)
- Pikachu - Olson Park (390/day), Ford Lake Park in Ypsilanti (390/day), UM North Campus Bell Tower (66/day)
- Piplup - Bandemer Park (480/day), Harris Park in Ypsilanti (144/day), Allmendinger Park (42/day)
- Poliwag - Parker Mill County Park (396/day), Lillie Park SW (210/day), Riverside Park (90/day), Ingalls Mall (60/day)
- Ponyta - Greenview Park (426/day), North Quad Park (6/day)
- Rattata - Gallup Park (1026/day), EMU University Park in Ypsilanti (174/day), Garden Homes Park (120/day), Ruthven Nature Area (78/day)
- Skitty - UM Medical Center Park (108/day), Waymarket Park (42/day)
- Snubbull - Southeast Area Park (324/day)
- Spoink - Huron Hills Golf Course (546/day), Frog Island Park
- Sudowoodo - Leslie Park (294/day)
- Surskit - Nichols Arboretum (1410/day), Argo Nature Area (282/day)
- Turtwig - County Farms Park (1338/day), Ypsilanti Twp Community Center in Ypsilanti (396/day)
- Venipede - Furstenburg Park (564/day)
- Venonat - Ward Park (72/day)
- Voltorb - Bader Park (78/day)
- Wurmple - Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti (1344/day), Plymouth Parkway Park (78/day)
Some spots of town have huge concentrations of stops and gyms, others are deserts. Downtown and the central campus area is the motherlode. There are also large clusters in North Campus south and east of The Grove (~40), Gallup Park (~40), Forest Hill Cemetery (~27), Highland Cemetary in Ypsilanti, and Matthei Botanical Gardens.
Need to grab a bite to eat? Here's a list of restaurants/bars/cafes near clusters of pokestops and gyms.
Need a concentrated item grinding map to get almost 1,000 items per hour? Check out this circuit!
We're lucky enough to have many EX-eligible gyms scattered around town, which reliably trigger several raids per week. Doing any raid (even a level 1) at one of them during a given week can lead to an invite the next week. Here is a map of all of the eligible gyms, and I also have an EX raid forecast of the best gyms to target this week, along with information about the current raid status at them.
Got an invite? Head on over to the Discord to coordinate with your fellow raiders!
Some areas of town are much better than others for hunting. Downtown, especially along Liberty from Ashley to State, has the best concentration of spawns and stops. Gallup is a favorite hunting spot for nature lovers. If you're looking to find a ton of grinding material (updated October 2019, with new spawnpoints), the biggest concentrations of general Pokemon are downtown, campuses (UM central and north, Concordia), suburban parking lots (Westgate, Maple Village, Woodland Plaza, Oak Valley / Meijer, Arborland, Domino's Farms), and parks (Bethlehem Cemetery, West Park, Greenview, County Farms, Lillie, Gallup, Botanical Gardens, Olson, and Leslie).
We have a number of biomes available.
Here are the best quests to look for now (see the map for reports):
- Land 5 throw(s): Spinda encounter
- Catch 1 pokémon: Dratini encounter
- Battle in 5 Raids: Aerodactyl encounter
- Catch 5 pokémon: 1 Max Potion
- Complete 1 PVP Battle(s): 20 Mega Energy
- Power up a Pokemon 10 times: 20 Mega Energy
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: 10 Mega Energy
- Land 3 throw(s): 1 Rare Candy
Drop me a line if you have any tips to add, or questions for me to look into!