Welcome to one of the best places on the planet to play Pokemon Go! We've got a weirdly huge amount of stops, gyms, and spawns here (especially downtown and Gallup Park), along with a friendly community. Check out the map for real-time raids and spawns, and the Discord to chat, find friends, and coordinate raids. There's also a Facebook group, along with team groups for Mystic, Valor, and Instinct.
Here are the nests for the current migration (which began Sep 04). You can submit nests from the map. The nests change every two weeks on Wednesday evening, and will automatically update here with the latest crowdsourced and scanner data.
Check out the list of all nests for spawnpoint maps!
- Baltoy - West Park Baseball Diamond (24/day)
- Bulbasaur - Gallup Park (1134/day), Huron Hills Golf Course (162/day)
- Carvanha - Northwest Diag (30/day)
- Chikorita - Veteran's Park (204/day)
- Chinchou - County Farms Park (1056/day), Wurster Park (108/day)
- Corphish - Mitchell Field Parking Lot (120/day), Leslie Park (102/day)
- Cubone - Eagle Crest Golf Course in Ypsilanti (546/day), EMU University Park in Ypsilanti
- Cyndaquil - Furstenburg Park (276/day)
- Doduo - Riverside Park (126/day)
- Dunsparce - Broadway Park (72/day)
- Duskull - Gallup Park Centennial Playground (24/day)
- Electabuzz - Felch Park (18/day)
- Gastly - Ingalls Mall (60/day)
- Girafarig - Lillie Park Main (420/day), North Quad Park (12/day), Ruthven Nature Area (12/day)
- Growlithe - Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti (1014/day), Garden Homes Park (84/day)
- Hippopotas - Matthaei Botanical Gardens (1128/day)
- Kabuto - Wiard's Orchard in Ypsilanti (282/day)
- Luvdisc - Buhr Park (210/day)
- Machop - Dolph Nature Area (174/day)
- Magikarp - North Bay Park in Ypsilanti (234/day), Riverside Park in Ypsilanti (162/day)
- Magmar - Fuller Park (150/day)
- Mantine - Bandemer Park (342/day)
- Misdreavus - Bethlehem UCC Playground (12/day)
- Mudkip - Saginaw Forest (108/day)
- Onix - UM Golf Course (390/day)
- Phanpy - Argo Nature Area (198/day)
- Pinsir - Leslie Science Center (240/day)
- Piplup - UM Diag (84/day)
- Rhyhorn - Greenview Park (258/day), UM North Campus Bell Tower (60/day)
- Sableye - Martha Cook Garden (24/day)
- Scyther - Frog Island Park
- Seedot - Mary Beth Doyle Park (294/day)
- Seel - Harris Park in Ypsilanti (72/day), Prospect Park in Ypsilanti
- Shuckle - West Park (198/day)
- Shuppet - Southeast Area Park (198/day)
- Snubbull - Olson Park (282/day)
- Sudowoodo - Hudson Mills Metropark in Dexter (3708/day), Ann Arbor Golf and Outing Club (312/day), UM Medical Center Park (144/day)
- Tentacool - Lillie Park SW (216/day)
- Turtwig - Parker Mill County Park (396/day)
- Wailmer - Nichols Arboretum (888/day)
- Wobbuffet - Ford Lake Park in Ypsilanti (390/day)
Some spots of town have huge concentrations of stops and gyms, others are deserts. Downtown and the central campus area is the motherlode. There are also large clusters in North Campus south and east of The Grove (~40), Gallup Park (~40), Forest Hill Cemetery (~27), Highland Cemetary in Ypsilanti, and Matthei Botanical Gardens.
Need to grab a bite to eat? Here's a list of restaurants/bars/cafes near clusters of pokestops and gyms.
Need a concentrated item grinding map to get almost 1,000 items per hour? Check out my favorite circuit!
We're lucky enough to have many EX-eligible gyms scattered around town, which reliably trigger several raids per week. Doing any raid (even a level 1) at one of them during a given week can lead to an invite the next week. Here is a map of all of the eligible gyms, and I also have an EX raid forecast of the best gyms to target this week, along with information about the current raid status at them.
Got an invite? Head on over to the Discord to coordinate with your fellow raiders!
Some areas of town are much better than others for hunting. Downtown, especially along Liberty from Ashley to State, has the best concentration of spawns and stops. Gallup is a favorite hunting spot for nature lovers. If you're looking to find a ton of grinding material, the biggest concentrations of general Pokemon are in Kerrytown, the Stadium, South University and Church, Arrowwood Trail, Huron Towers Apartments, near Hop Cat, north of Downtown Library, Trader Joe’s, Barnes & Noble, Target/Meijer area on A2-Saline, east side of Maple/Pauline, Westgate (esp Kroger and north across street at mattress store), the end of Winewood Ave, Tuebingen/Lancashire, Windmere Park Apartments, North Campus (especially along Bonisteel), SE corner of Plymouth/Green, Northwood V Housing, Concordia University. On the Ypsi side, the biggest hotspots are downtown, WCC, Roundtree Apartments (and the shopping plaza to the east), the Sam's Club on US-23/US-12, Lombardo Homes - Aspen Ridge Village, Kroger on Huron St., Schooner Cover Apartments, and Perry Elementary School.
We have a number of biomes available.
Here are the best quests to look for now (see the map for reports):
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Spinda encounter
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Spinda encounter
- Make 3 Excellent throws in a row. : Larvitar encounter
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon: Dratini encounter
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon.: Dratini encounter
- Hatch 5 Eggs. : Chansey encounter
- Make 3 Great throws in a row.: 1 Rare Candy
- Use a Super Effective Charged attack in 7 Gym battles.: 1 Rare Candy
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon.: 1 Rare Candy
- Hatch 3 Eggs.: 1 Rare Candy
- Make 3 Great Curveball throws in a row: 1 Rare Candy
I'm working on scanning the surrounding area for hidden treasure. I just finished the area south of Ann Arbor, roughly between Wagner Road and US-23, down a little past Willis Road, including Saline. Sadly, there's nothing of interest to report. If you're looking for Pidgey grinder fodder, the strongest concentrations of standard types are at Costco, the industrial park northeast of State & Morgan, the area southwest of Michigan Ave & Platt, the southeast corner of Willis & Warner, Eastlook & Marlpool in Saline, east of Curtiss Park, and Berkshire Dr. & Woodland Dr. Water types can be found at Technology Drive west of Avis, Bridgefield just east of Platt, and near Zingerman's Mail Order. Here's a map of spawnpoints around Saline. For Pokestops, other than Lillie Park near Ann Arbor, the best concentration is Michigan Ave. & Ann Arbor Street, along with the north half of Curtiss Park (map of area, map of city). The gyms are mostly clustered in town as well (map).
Further out, the Ren Cen in Detroit is epic, with tons of Magnemites, Voltorbs, and other rare spawns. Park at the Greektown Casino for free, and take the people mover over (while hitting stops along the way). The lakes at The Landings Apartments in Westland is a great water biome with lots of dense spawn sites, as is the Yazaki parking lot in Canton.
Drop me a line if you have any tips to add, or questions for me to look into!