Welcome to one of the best places on the planet to play Pokemon Go! We've got a weirdly huge amount of stops, gyms, and spawns here (especially downtown and Gallup Park), along with a friendly community. Check out the map for real-time raids and spawns, and the Discord to chat, find friends, and coordinate raids.
Here are the nests for the current migration (which began Feb 17). The nests change every two weeks on Wednesday evening, and will automatically update here with the latest crowdsourced and scanner data.
Check out the list of all nests for spawnpoint maps!
- Aron - Nichols Arboretum (1410/day)
- Bulbasaur - Harris Park in Ypsilanti (144/day), Hunt Park (120/day), Bethlehem UCC Playground (12/day)
- Charmander - Bandemer Park (480/day), Greenview Park (426/day), Southeast Area Park (324/day), Argo Nature Area (282/day), Broadway Park (78/day)
- Chimchar - UM North Campus Bell Tower (66/day)
- Chinchou - Veteran's Park (414/day), Mitchell Field (222/day), Loon Feather Point Park in Ypsilanti (138/day), Maryfield Wildwood Park (60/day), North Quad Park (6/day)
- Clefairy - Mary Beth Doyle Park (438/day), Meadowbrook Park in Ann Arbor, MI (42/day)
- Drilbur - UM Golf Course (582/day), Ford Lake Park in Ypsilanti (390/day), North Bay Park in Ypsilanti (234/day), Ann Arbor Golf and Outing Club (228/day), Lillie Park Scrub (138/day)
- Eevee - Gallup Park (1026/day), Eagle Crest Golf Course in Ypsilanti (786/day), UM Medical Center Park (108/day), Ingalls Mall (60/day)
- Machop - Hudson Mills Metropark in Dexter (6396/day), County Farms Park (1338/day), Woolley Park (96/day), Bader Park (78/day), Northwest Diag (18/day)
- Makuhita - Lillie Park Main (558/day), Pittsfield Preserve Hickory Trail in Pittsfield (252/day), Riverside Park in Ypsilanti (180/day), Recreation Park in Ypsilanti (96/day)
- Misdreavus - Pittsfield Preserve (1158/day), Olson Park (390/day)
- Mudkip - Ruthven Nature Area (78/day)
- Phanpy - Fuller Park (312/day), Lillie Park SW (210/day), EMU University Park in Ypsilanti (174/day), Cranbrook Park (138/day), Ward Park (72/day), Gallup Park Centennial Playground (18/day)
- Pikachu - Saginaw Forest (552/day), Buhr Park (276/day), Garden Homes Park (120/day)
- Piplup - Furstenburg Park (564/day), Cedar Bend Nature Area (264/day), Plymouth Parkway Park (78/day), Martha Cook Garden (24/day), Prospect Park in Ypsilanti
- Poliwag - Leslie Park (294/day), Community Center Park in Ypsilanti (138/day), Baxter Park (54/day)
- Skarmory - Wheeler Park (36/day), Bromley Park (30/day)
- Spheal - Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti (1344/day), Dolph Nature Area (420/day), Sugarbush Park (36/day)
- Squirtle - Leslie Park Golf Course (402/day), Mary Beth Doyle Disc Golf Course (72/day), Matthei Display Gardens (36/day)
- Stantler - Wurster Park (90/day), Cloverdale Park (48/day), Allmendinger Park (42/day), UM Diag (36/day)
- Swinub - Huron Hills Golf Course (546/day), Felch Park (12/day)
- Tentacool - Matthaei Botanical Gardens (2616/day), Pittsfield Marsh View (570/day), Parker Mill County Park (396/day), Leslie Science Center (306/day), Riverside Park (90/day)
- Treecko - Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti (618/day), Wiard's Orchard in Ypsilanti (288/day), Frog Island Park
- Turtwig - West Park (282/day)
Some spots of town have huge concentrations of stops and gyms, others are deserts. Downtown and the central campus area is the motherlode. There are also large clusters in North Campus south and east of The Grove (~40), Gallup Park (~40), Forest Hill Cemetery (~27), Highland Cemetary in Ypsilanti, and Matthei Botanical Gardens.
Need to grab a bite to eat? Here's a list of restaurants/bars/cafes near clusters of pokestops and gyms.
Need a concentrated item grinding map to get almost 1,000 items per hour? Check out this circuit!
We're lucky enough to have many EX-eligible gyms scattered around town, which reliably trigger several raids per week. Doing any raid (even a level 1) at one of them during a given week can lead to an invite the next week. Here is a map of all of the eligible gyms, and I also have an EX raid forecast of the best gyms to target this week, along with information about the current raid status at them.
Got an invite? Head on over to the Discord to coordinate with your fellow raiders!
Some areas of town are much better than others for hunting. Downtown, especially along Liberty from Ashley to State, has the best concentration of spawns and stops. Gallup is a favorite hunting spot for nature lovers. If you're looking to find a ton of grinding material (updated October 2019, with new spawnpoints), the biggest concentrations of general Pokemon are downtown, campuses (UM central and north, Concordia), suburban parking lots (Westgate, Maple Village, Woodland Plaza, Oak Valley / Meijer, Arborland, Domino's Farms), and parks (Bethlehem Cemetery, West Park, Greenview, County Farms, Lillie, Gallup, Botanical Gardens, Olson, and Leslie).
We have a number of biomes available.
Here are the best quests to look for now (see the map for reports):
- Land 3 throw(s): Lileep encounter
- Land 5 throw(s): Spinda encounter
- Catch 1 pokémon: Dratini encounter
- Battle in 1 Raids: Dratini encounter
- Battle in 5 Raids: Aerodactyl encounter
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: 10 Mega Energy
Drop me a line if you have any tips to add, or questions for me to look into!