Welcome to one of the best places on the planet to play Pokemon Go! We've got a weirdly huge amount of stops, gyms, and spawns here (especially downtown and Gallup Park), along with a friendly community. Check out the map for real-time raids and spawns, and the Discord to chat, find friends, and coordinate raids.
Here are the nests for the current migration (which began Jun 09). The nests change every two weeks on Wednesday evening, and will automatically update here with the latest crowdsourced and scanner data.
Check out the list of all nests for spawnpoint maps!
- Abra - Wheeler Park (36/day)
- Aron - UM Diag (36/day)
- Bellsprout - Matthaei Botanical Gardens (2616/day)
- Bidoof - Hudson Mills Metropark in Dexter (6396/day), Dolph Nature Area (420/day)
- Caterpie - Greenview Park (426/day)
- Dwebble - Leslie Park (294/day), Gallup Park Centennial Playground (18/day)
- Eevee - Ford Lake Park in Ypsilanti (390/day), UM North Campus Bell Tower (66/day)
- Gastly - Mary Beth Doyle Park (438/day)
- Glameow - Pittsfield Preserve (1158/day), Furstenburg Park (564/day)
- Hoppip - County Farms Park (1338/day)
- Ledyba - Garden Homes Park (120/day)
- Lillipup - Wiard's Orchard in Ypsilanti (288/day)
- Machop - Recreation Park in Ypsilanti (96/day)
- Mudkip - Veteran's Park (414/day), Buhr Park (276/day)
- Pikachu - UM Medical Center Park (108/day)
- Ponyta - Huron Hills Golf Course (546/day)
- Poochyena - Gallup Park (1026/day)
- Psyduck - Southeast Area Park (324/day)
- Rattata - Broadway Park (78/day)
- Roselia - Lillie Park Main (558/day), Leslie Park Golf Course (402/day), West Park (282/day)
- Seedot - Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti (1344/day), Argo Nature Area (282/day)
- Sentret - Parker Mill County Park (396/day)
- Skorupi - Cedar Bend Nature Area (264/day), Pittsfield Preserve Hickory Trail in Pittsfield (252/day), Harris Park in Ypsilanti (144/day)
- Slowpoke - Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti (618/day), Pittsfield Marsh View (570/day)
- Squirtle - Fuller Park (312/day)
- Surskit - Olson Park (390/day), North Bay Park in Ypsilanti (234/day)
- Torchic - Leslie Science Center (306/day), Riverside Park (90/day)
- Treecko - EMU University Park in Ypsilanti (174/day)
- Tympole - Nichols Arboretum (1410/day)
- Wooper - Saginaw Forest (552/day), Mitchell Field (222/day)
- Wurmple - Bandemer Park (480/day), Ingalls Mall (60/day)
- Yanma - UM Golf Course (582/day), Ann Arbor Golf and Outing Club (228/day)
Some spots of town have huge concentrations of stops and gyms, others are deserts. Downtown and the central campus area is the motherlode. There are also large clusters in North Campus south and east of The Grove (~40), Gallup Park (~40), Forest Hill Cemetery (~27), Highland Cemetary in Ypsilanti, and Matthei Botanical Gardens.
Need to grab a bite to eat? Here's a list of restaurants/bars/cafes near clusters of pokestops and gyms.
Need a concentrated item grinding map to get almost 1,000 items per hour? Check out this circuit!
We're lucky enough to have many EX-eligible gyms scattered around town, which reliably trigger several raids per week. Doing any raid (even a level 1) at one of them during a given week can lead to an invite the next week. Here is a map of all of the eligible gyms, and I also have an EX raid forecast of the best gyms to target this week, along with information about the current raid status at them.
Got an invite? Head on over to the Discord to coordinate with your fellow raiders!
Some areas of town are much better than others for hunting. Downtown, especially along Liberty from Ashley to State, has the best concentration of spawns and stops. Gallup is a favorite hunting spot for nature lovers. If you're looking to find a ton of grinding material (updated October 2019, with new spawnpoints), the biggest concentrations of general Pokemon are downtown, campuses (UM central and north, Concordia), suburban parking lots (Westgate, Maple Village, Woodland Plaza, Oak Valley / Meijer, Arborland, Domino's Farms), and parks (Bethlehem Cemetery, West Park, Greenview, County Farms, Lillie, Gallup, Botanical Gardens, Olson, and Leslie).
We have a number of biomes available.
Here are the best quests to look for now (see the map for reports):
- Land 3 throw(s): Lileep encounter
- Land 5 throw(s): Spinda encounter
- Catch 1 pokémon: Dratini encounter
- Battle in 5 Raids: Aerodactyl encounter
- Catch 5 pokémon: 3 Max Potion
- Power up a Pokemon 10 times: 20 Mega Energy
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: 10 Mega Energy
- Catch 10 pokémon: 10 Mega Energy
- Catch 8 pokémon: 1 Rare Candy
- Battle in 1 Raids: 1 Silver Pinap Berry
Drop me a line if you have any tips to add, or questions for me to look into!