Welcome to one of the best places on the planet to play Pokemon Go! We've got a weirdly huge amount of stops, gyms, and spawns here (especially downtown and Gallup Park), along with a friendly community. Check out the map for real-time raids and spawns, and the Discord to chat, find friends, and coordinate raids.
Here are the nests for the current migration (which began Jul 21). The nests change every two weeks on Wednesday evening, and will automatically update here with the latest crowdsourced and scanner data.
Check out the list of all nests for spawnpoint maps!
- Bellsprout - Bandemer Park (480/day), Veteran's Park (414/day)
- Bidoof - Lillie Park Main (558/day)
- Buizel - Argo Nature Area (282/day)
- Bulbasaur - Cedar Bend Nature Area (264/day), Riverside Park (90/day)
- Caterpie - Wiard's Orchard in Ypsilanti (288/day)
- Charmander - Leslie Park (294/day)
- Ducklett - Mary Beth Doyle Park (438/day), Olson Park (390/day)
- Glameow - County Farms Park (1338/day), Eagle Crest Golf Course in Ypsilanti (786/day)
- Hoppip - UM Golf Course (582/day), Leslie Science Center (306/day)
- Ledyba - Pittsfield Preserve (1158/day)
- Lillipup - Hudson Mills Metropark in Dexter (6396/day)
- Machop - Matthaei Botanical Gardens (2616/day)
- Mudkip - Pittsfield Marsh View (570/day)
- Murkrow - Fuller Park (312/day)
- Oddish - Gallup Park (1026/day)
- Ponyta - Mitchell Field (222/day)
- Poochyena - Ford Lake Park in Ypsilanti (390/day)
- Rhyhorn - Greenview Park (426/day)
- Seedot - North Bay Park in Ypsilanti (234/day)
- Skorupi - Parker Mill County Park (396/day)
- Slowpoke - Southeast Area Park (324/day), EMU University Park in Ypsilanti (174/day)
- Snover - Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti (1344/day)
- Squirtle - Dolph Nature Area (420/day)
- Starly - Furstenburg Park (564/day), Huron Hills Golf Course (546/day), Buhr Park (276/day)
- Surskit - Nichols Arboretum (1410/day), West Park (282/day)
- Trapinch - Ford Heritage Park in Ypsilanti (618/day)
Some spots of town have huge concentrations of stops and gyms, others are deserts. Downtown and the central campus area is the motherlode. There are also large clusters in North Campus south and east of The Grove (~40), Gallup Park (~40), Forest Hill Cemetery (~27), Highland Cemetary in Ypsilanti, and Matthei Botanical Gardens.
Need to grab a bite to eat? Here's a list of restaurants/bars/cafes near clusters of pokestops and gyms.
Need a concentrated item grinding map to get almost 1,000 items per hour? Check out this circuit!
We're lucky enough to have many EX-eligible gyms scattered around town, which reliably trigger several raids per week. Doing any raid (even a level 1) at one of them during a given week can lead to an invite the next week. Here is a map of all of the eligible gyms, and I also have an EX raid forecast of the best gyms to target this week, along with information about the current raid status at them.
Got an invite? Head on over to the Discord to coordinate with your fellow raiders!
Some areas of town are much better than others for hunting. Downtown, especially along Liberty from Ashley to State, has the best concentration of spawns and stops. Gallup is a favorite hunting spot for nature lovers. If you're looking to find a ton of grinding material (updated October 2019, with new spawnpoints), the biggest concentrations of general Pokemon are downtown, campuses (UM central and north, Concordia), suburban parking lots (Westgate, Maple Village, Woodland Plaza, Oak Valley / Meijer, Arborland, Domino's Farms), and parks (Bethlehem Cemetery, West Park, Greenview, County Farms, Lillie, Gallup, Botanical Gardens, Olson, and Leslie).
We have a number of biomes available.
Here are the best quests to look for now (see the map for reports):
- Land 3 throw(s): Lileep encounter
- Land 5 throw(s): Spinda encounter
- Catch 1 pokémon: Dratini encounter
- Battle in 5 Raids: Aerodactyl encounter
- Power up a Pokemon 10 times: 20 Mega Energy
- Power up a Pokemon 5 times: 10 Mega Energy
- Catch 10 pokémon: 10 Mega Energy
Drop me a line if you have any tips to add, or questions for me to look into!